Tuesday, June 21, 2005

First Day at the Hostel in Teton Village, WY

I didn't get much of the stuff I wanted to do done. I sent out some resumes and did some blogger stuff, but that was about it. I wasn't too successful at finding a place to stay. Big surprise. Trying to get a place for a month for less than $700 a month at Jackson Hole is nearly impossible.

So, me and the pups checked into our room at the Hostel, and then we went exploring. The resort is really cool. There is so much to do here. You name it, and they have it. No John, no surfing. Though everything is slightly more expensive here, if you want it, they'll have at this resort. The thing I really liked about the resort is that the dogs can run freely anywhere off the leash. To me it was liked heaven on earth. I would have never imagined that such a place existed. Snapper and Comet went everywhere fighting, chasing, and playing. The people, both locals and tourists, were very receptive towards them. Snapper would run into offices, gift shops, lobbies, rental offices, and restaurants. I was FREAKING OUT! But the people were glad to see him. He was so welcome by everyone. It was truly an amazing thing to see. I wouldn't have believed it if I'd hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

That night I went to the local Saloon which was only 30 paces from my room. That's the distance every saloon should be. Earlier in the afternoon, the place was really hopping. Hot looking ladies everywhere, but by the time I got there, the place was pretty dead.

After ordering my usual Coor's Lite, I visited with a small group that celebrating a four year anniversary. Apparently, a girl from North Carolina came here on vacation, and stayed and married one of the local ski lift operator. The lucky guy and I ended up talking until the little lady dragged him away. He told me a lot about skiing and it's little world. It was amazing.

Tomorrow, I plan to take the tram to the top of the mountain.

No comments: