Tuesday, June 21, 2005

First Day in Jackson, WY

I was able to find a place with free WiFi right next door to where I was staying in Jackson. This allowed me to get caught up on my blogger stuff and read my email. That afternoon, the pups and I went to Cache Park in Jackson and did some hiking. It was a great place for hiking and biking, especially since it was a prefect warm sunny day. The trail took us up through some wooden hills with cool rushing creeks everywhere. The creek really came in handy when Snapper decided it would be really cool to roll around really good and hard in horse poop-poop. We hiked for more than two hours and then we went to check out the Teton Village and see what it was all about.

Teton Village is a cluster of resorts situated at the base of the Grand Teton Mountains some 15 miles outside of Jackson. When we got there, I discovered that there was a Hostel there, so I decided to check it out. It turns out that pets were allowed and it was very reasonable, especially since you get your own room with a bathroom and shower. I immediately reserved a room for the next day and then we left Teton Village and headed back to Jackson where we stayed for another night.

The next day I figure I would get a hair cut, find some Heartguard for Snapper, get a tune-up for the car, look for a job, a place to stay for a month, and then check into the Hostel at Teton Village.

No comments: