Thursday, June 23, 2005

Second Day at Teton Village, WY.

The second full day at Teton Village started out with letting the pups run free on the resort grounds. Surprisely, the puppy always stayed close. When ever the dogs were together, I usually just had to call Snapper and the puppy would just follow him when he came. The pups were were a very hit with everyone. People would go out of their way to come over and pet the dogs. I would get asked the same questions over and over by different people. Are they twins, how old are they, and do they hunt were probably the most common questions asked.

I got some hits on my job search from the day before. I had a job interview at 3pm the next day, so I went into town to do some blogging stuff and to get a much needed hair cut.

At the Hard Drive Coffee Shop, which is where I did all my internet stuff, I had become somewhat of a regular. I would talk to the girls working there and they would give the scoop on life and living in Jackson Hole. What was interest was that no is originally from this area. Most of the people that live here, were like me. They came here, fell in love with the place, and then stayed.

That afternoon, I took the Tram to the top of the mountain. The trip up to the top was cool. You can see all the people hiking and biking just below the Tram as it passes over their heads. Surprisely, I didn't see any wildlife at all, except for a dead beaver.

Up at the top, the view was spectacular! Unfortunately, it was cold, wet, cloudy, windy, and raining at the top. The Snake River valley below was still visible, and so were the surrounding mountains. It was weird because at the base of the mountains it was warm. T-shirts and shorts is sufficient, but at the top, one needed full winter attire.

Back on the ground, I let the dogs run freely on the grounds again, while I chilled and drank beer on the outdoor deck at the local saloon. I socialized with locals and tourist a like. A thunderstorm came out of nowhere, and everyone scatter for cover. The storm came just in time for game six of the NBA finals on the TV.

Tomorrow I plan on doing a morning hike up the mountain before I go on my interview. Wish me luck!

No comments: