Saturday, June 25, 2005

Third Day in Teton Village, WY

As it had been the norm for the previous mornings here in the Jackson Hole area, I had awoken to another glorious cool sunny clear morning, which is strange because before I arrived here, I was told that the weather had been bad for weeks. Coincidence, I think not.

Like most days, the morning routine begins with a doggy walk. Again, the western sky was filled with para-gliders, and some of them are so close as they descend from the sky that I felt like I could have reached up and grabbed them. The air if filled with the sounds of construction work being done throughout the complex, and people loading up their automobiles for their journey to next their destination which is probably Yellowstone National Park.

After breakfast the dogs and I went on a hike up the mountains. At first, it’s a very steep climb, but then it got easier. There were times where it seemed as if we were completely alone with trees, giant boulders, and lots of wild flowers all around us. Then there were times when there were people every where.

Like in the resort complex, there was construction work being on the mountain as well. There were tons of construction workers everywhere. Also, there were mountain bikers everywhere on the thousands of bike trails that cris-cross the mountains. There was a cool disk golf course on the mountains. It was one of the best I have ever seen, and there were tons of disk golfers playing too. Oddly enough, I didn’t see any wildlife, except for one freshly killed beaver. It looked like its throat had been sever, and the pool of blood on the ground near its head appeared to be freshly wet as if the poor creature had met its fate just hours before Snapper and I came upon it. I must admit, it was one of most amazing and interesting things I have ever seen.

That afternoon, I had a job interview at 3pm. It was for a Retail sales position at some local leather clothing store right in the lucrative park of downtown Jackson. I figured my chances of getting this job were slim to none since I’d never been in sales before. But, they liked something about my email that warren for an interview, so there.

Like I figure, I didn’t get the job because of my lack of experience. The owner of the store, however, claimed to like me, and stated that if none of the other interviews went well, then he would give me a shot. Yeah, right….

The next day we leave Teton Village for Sun Valley, Idaho. I hear it’s a lot like Teton except less expensive. Yeah, right!

No comments: