Monday, May 16, 2005

A day and night in Nacogdoches TX

This morning I said my good byes to all the good folks in Houston. After 2 and half months, it was time to move on. My first stop after leaving Houston is Nacogdoches TX which is a little more than a four hour drive north of Houston in the piney woods of East Texas. The weather today here in Nacogdoches is sunny and hot, but nice and cool in the shade. There's not much here expect Stephen F. Austin University. So, my faithful companions, Snapper and Comet, and I just walked around the little but beautiful campus. School ended last week, so the campus was almost empty and it was loud with the echoing sounds of construction work bouncing off of the many tall pine tree that were every where. I found a place to stay for the night called the Victorian Inn with WiFi that flickers off and on all the time which makes typing this very frustrating. Not to mention that the toilet flooded when I first used it. And also, I though I was going to have to vacate the place because the lawn sprinklers just outside my room wouldn’t shut off. This place was cheap and now I know why. I think I should still ask for a discount when I go to check out tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I head for Arkansas.

No comments: