Sunday, May 15, 2005

Yesterday's journey landed me in the middle of a progressive Democratic Party anti-Tom Delay picnic. Now, I'm sad to say that I'm not one who's heavily involved in politics, so I figured I'd be just about as out of place at the event like a fish out of water.

I must admit that my true reasons for being at this picnic were not to express my strong anti feelings towards Tom Delay. Heck, up until a few days ago, I didn't even know that Tom Delay is a Republican U.S. Congressman for the 22nd District of Texas. I had no idea that he is currently the Speaker of the House being charged by the House Ethics Committee for various violations. So, I guess I can certainly see why all those people at the picnic were so upset at this one particular politician. But in my book, they're all bad individuals with unethical values and only selfish interest at heart.

No, I guess I must admit that my true reasons for being at the picnic were to see a certain lovely little lady name Lee. So what's so special about this Lee woman, you ask? Well, apparently back in her younger days while growing up in the high society area of River Oaks in Houston TX, she allegedly smoked grass with our current beloved President of these United States of America, George W. Bush on at least a half a dozen occasions.

After about an hour into the picnic, Lee shows up. My sister-in-law, Sarah, was kind enough to formally introduce us. Lee was a short thin earth-mamma looking woman with two long pigtails and a beautifully well-aged face. She also has a beautiful personally to match. After a few minutes of conversation, I could tell, or that I believed, that she was a warm kind sincere woman. After asking her if her dope-smoking days with the current president were true, she laughingly said yes. She went on to tell me how he uses to come over to her house with a bag of grass on several occasions.

I'll never know if the story is true or not. I'm sure President Bush would say that the story is a figment of this woman's imagination which she conjured up to gain notoriety. But still, it's nice to know that I got to meet someone who has allegedly smoked grass with President Bush.

No comments: