Thursday, May 26, 2005

I can't seem to leave Tennessee

Wow! I can't believe it's been six days since I've been able to update my blog site. Even more astounding, is that in six days I've only gone from Tennessee to Virginia. After spending two nights at the hostel house in Charlotte TN almost a week ago, I went to downtown Nashville TN where I walked around it's famous downtown district and riverfront area. Even though it was early afternoon, there were tourist of all ages everywhere. Broadway street is Nashville's version of Sixth street in downtown Austin. Clubs, restaurants, and novelty shops align both sides of the streets throughout the downtown district. As one walk the streets, one can hear live music of all kinds. I thought to myself, if the music during the day is this good, then the music at night must be really really good. Also downtown, runs the Cumberland River where river boats dock to unload their passengers. Across the river is the Coliesum, where the NFL's Tennessee Tians play. Next stop was Murfreesboro TN to visit Stones River National Battlefield then on to Knoxville TN.


No comments: