Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day Fifth day in DC

After two full days of museums, I guess I have had enough. So, I decided that it would be fitting and proper that I should spend Memorial Day at some of the memorials in the DC area. I really felt like Forest Gump when I just happen to be on the same road that the President's motorcade took to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington Cemetary. Yes, I can actually say that I've been less than 8 feet away from the most powerful man in the world. I was lucky enough to get off a couple of rounds, pictures that is, before the motorcade had disappeared into the cemetary. Unfortunately, Because of all the ceremonies everywhere, I was unable to visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, JFK grave site, and the Vietnam Memorial Wall up close.

And that wasn't the end of what was to become a day filled with close encounters with celebrities. In less than an hour later, I found myself standing just a couple of feet away from the legendary Pat Boone at the Vietnam Memorial. It turns out that Pat was this year's special guess speaker at the Vietnam Memorial Ceremony.

Tomorrow, I leave Northern Virginia and DC and head for Sharpsburg Maryland.

No comments: