Saturday, May 28, 2005

My Stay in Mannasas VA and visit to Washington DC

I came into DC on Thursday May 26, 2005. After two days of rain, it was once again perfect weather to be a tourist. What was really really bad when I got to DC was the traffic. DC has some of the worst traffic I have ever seen. I discovered, and understandably so, that people do not attempt to visit all the memorials and museums in the capitol district by car. Parking is expensive and very hard to find. Instead, they take the metro from the outskirts area like northern Viriginia and the surrounding areas of Washington DC.

On my first day in DC, I drove around the DC area taking pictures and getting lost. After finding my way out of the ghettos, I managed to find a decent parking spot right next to the Washington monument on Constitution Ave. So, I figure the dogs and I would walk around for a few hours and see the sites and take some more pictures.

After taking 25 pictures and hearing how cute my dogs are more than a hundred times, I decided it was time to find a place to stay for the night. I had heard that the west side of town was a nicer side of town, so I got on interstate 66 and just drove west. 20 miles later, I was in Mannasas VA where I was lucky enough to find a place to stay that take pets at a reasonably price.

The day next, I would return to DC to visit the Museum of American History and the Air and Space Museum.

No comments: