Saturday, May 28, 2005

Second day in DC

After being advised as to manner in which one should visit the museums in DC, I found myself taking the Metro from the outskirts of DC to the capitol district. Vienna/Fairfax metro station was some 12 miles from Mannasas. I drive to the station and paid to park my car at the station's parking lot and then boarded the metro train. Twenty minutes later, I got off at the Smithsonian stop. I discovered that the Smithsonian museum wasn't one large museum that takes a week to see, but rather several large museums that are scatter throughout the capitol area. I decide on my first day, I would visit the Museum of American History and the Air and Space Museum. I visited the Museum of American History first. There were thousand of other tourist everywhere. This museum had everything from the industrial revolution like the history of cars, trains, and sewing machines to the Presidents and the First Ladies.

Next, I went to the Air and Space Museum. I was amazed to see all the stuff they had at both museums. At the latter museum, They had rockets, WWI and WWII planes, the Spirit of St. Louis, the plane that Howard Hughes used to travel around the world in, the Hubble Telescope, American space capsules, a lunar landing module, and everything else that had to do with flight and space. It is truly something that everyone should see.

No comments: